Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pick your battles. AND finished room!!

Message of the day: pick your battles. If the school wants you to put borders on your door, ok. But, be sure to do it your way! After all the decorating and room checks, we're here for the kids... not for the borders.

Finally, my first grade classroom is about 98% finished. We were told to cover most of our walls. I had planned to leave space for our anchor charts, student work, etc., but that wasn't an option at this moment. The walls will be covered with student work and anchor charts soon enough.

Tomorrow, the students will come to school with their families for a short program and an opportunity to see their classrooms AND meet us, their teachers!! I'm beyond excited! I currently have 14 students on my roster... but will be getting a few more. Still, I feel lucky to have a smaller class.

We are still on a hunt for the library books. The school does not have room for a library, so the books are currently being stored in a house... this story is to be continued. I feel like Nancy Drew on a hunt for these books! We WILL find them even if Beth (the other first grade teacher) and I have to go knocking on doors.

I will also be responsible for teaching Art and Gym for my first graders. At first, I was a little hesitant, but now I'm looking forward to having a chance to plan for many different subjects. It will add to the adventure!


I spy a pattern....

Door decoration. I will admit, I chose kites partly because they remind me of Theta :)

View from my desk

No comments:

Post a Comment