Friday, August 10, 2012

Sleepy little town and chocolate flour

I do love that Gracias is a small, sleepy little town... but it has been hard adjusting to everyone staring at us wherever we go. Word is out that the Minerva teachers are back, and yet it's almost like the residents have never seen Americans before. Maybe it bothers me more than it should, or maybe it bothers me because I didn't mentally prepare myself to be stared at for 11 months, but hopefully we will all get used to it. Now too the fun stuff...

We've enjoyed the past two evenings on the porch of the Casa Amarilla. We have a nice view of Bubba... our neighborhood horse that I named because I've started naming all the animals around us. Bubba is moved around by his owner to various patches of grass throughout the day. Here he is:

Bubba. From my window

Another friendly neighborhood horse

View from the Green House front door
A few things I've learned. Fried plantains are made from plantains. These are different than bananas. 
We successfully cooked a meal from ingredient found here. An upgrade from our cabbage salad and 10 minute beans from a few nights ago.
Chocolate flour is DELICIOUS in cookies.

If you couldn't tell from this post, we've sort of been hanging out for a few days...... really the only thing to do here in Gracias is sit in Central Park or shop. Both of which are fine, but we came here for adventure! Adventure is in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment