Well, we survived week 1. It was quite a ride. Everything was so new all week, I can't begin to write all about it all. So here's a quick run down of the week:
1. We have these great tables that the kids can use white board markers on. However, we were required to turn in the markers they brought in with their school supplies to the administration. I had to beg to get 7 to use.
2. The kids are required to eat lunch in our room. Soda is served in plastic bags. I'm sure you can imagine how I feel about this.
3. One boy explained my behavior chart very simply. Low colors= bad choices. High colors= good choices.
4. The student's workbooks FINALLY arrived. But, we are still missing a few randoms.
5. In addition to workbooks, the students have 5 notebooks.
6. We worked on shapes this week. They loved tracing the faces of 3D shapes on their tables. It was a great hands-on learning activity. Hopefully, we can use these tables often.
7. There is no soap in the bathrooms.
8. They really enjoyed We're Going On A Bear Hunt. I learned from experience that for ELL students, they will understand more each time they hear a text. We read a lot of picture books!
9. The school cafeteria has excelled iced tea. They also put a container of coffee in the teacher's room- yay!
10. My students love to learn, want to learn English, and this is probably the best part of it all.
On a non school note, I almost bought garlic this morning instead of sugar. I don't understand how it happened, but luckily Nina saved me! The apples are imported from the US. And, Osita received her first round of vaccinations. She is growing quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment