The donated books, supplies and manipulatives have arrived!
I have been working to help my students understand that we can send items and letters to other places. They don't fully grasp the concept of the mail yet, but receiving the packages help make it more concrete. I explained the boxes are full of things from my town, and they came on a plane and then on a boat to Honduras. We looked on a map and the students were amazed the packages came on a boat! In unison they responded, "EN BARCO, MISS?!"
We opened them together, and explored the new books together. They arrived on a Friday, and I stayed after organized all the supplies. It was definitely the best reason to stay after school on a Friday!
A special moment... after lunch, my students usually look at books for about 15 minutes. Part of their behavior plan involves a reward "Alphablocks" time after lunch. They earned this reward on Friday. I explained to them we could watch some Alphablocks but they responded with "No, Miss! Read us new book!" They did not want to watch Alphablocks, they wanted me to read them some of their new books. It warmed my heart!
Thank you for all those who have supported Minerva so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment